Your website plays a large role in how your business is viewed. Depending on the complexity, your company is likely updating its website every few years. If you’ve ever been through the process of searching for a design and development agency to partner with, you know it can be quite a task. When you’re putting something as important as your company’s website in their hands, there are a few things you should know about your agency. On the flip side, there are a few things your agency partner should know about you in order to provide the best solution.
What Your Agency Should Know About You
Giving your agency partner every last detail as it relates to your website redesign project will help them build the most accurate quote possible. Often times, you’ll go over these items in a discovery meeting. If you’re preparing an RFP process, these should be covered in a project overview section.
- What are your business goals? What role does your website play in those goals?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your timeline for the site? When does it need to be completed?
- What pages need to be included in the website?
- Are there any advanced functionality or technology requirements?
- Does your website need to integrate with any platforms or software?
- Do you have a preference for site structure or CMS?
- What security requirements exist?
- Who will create the copy?
- Where will the graphics and photography come from? Custom imagery? Stock photos? Your own collection?
- Where are you hosting the site?
- What analytics programs need to be installed?
- What are your brand and style guidelines?
What you Should Know About Your Web Agency
Understanding an agency’s capabilities, process and project approach will help determine if they’re a good fit for you. You’ll want to make sure they can handle all your requirements for the project and that they’ll offer the support you need during and after the project. Understanding their process from the beginning will help ensure the project goes smoothly.
- What other services do they offer?
- What does the project team look like? Who will take the lead on the project?
- Do they have examples of websites they’ve created with similar technical requirements or for similar businesses?
- How do you price your services?
- What’s included in that price?
- What does the web design process look like?
- How and when will they be communicating with you throughout the process? Are there any specific tools they’ll be using for communication and project management?
- Do they offer maintenance or support after the website is launched?
At Saturn Lounge, we believe in adapting our services and process to meet the unique needs of our clients. As a full service agency we’re able to be highly collaborative and offer the right solutions entirely in-house. If you’re searching for a new agency partner for your website redesign, get in touch! We’d love to work with you.